International students who are willing to study in Australia first need to apply for admission to an institution before applying for a student visa. There are number of steps involved in this process including:
- Choosing the preferred course and institution
- Submitting an application to the institution
- Getting and accepting an offer letter
- Receiving electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)
- Applying for Student Visa (Subclass 500), Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 590)
ADMISSION & VISA PROCESS
We support the student in regards for the education in Australia, checks for the requirements for the purpose of entry.
Once the student gets registered and submits all the essential documents apart from the English Test score, we at NewStars Education and Migration Group apply for Conditional Offer Letter from the education provider. However, if the student already has an English Test Score, we can directly apply for the Unconditional Offer Letter.
This process may take 4-6 weeks for assessment depending upon the education provider. The outstanding documents will be requested (if required).
After the offer letter is received, the applicant need to submit the required documents for the Streamline Visa Process (SVP) and furnish the financial documents for the amount to be shown. The first semester fees are to be paid to the education provider or as required by the education provider. A few institutions may need to pay the full fee of 1 year.
Upon the satisfaction of the SVP process, the education provider issues the Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) which is inevitable for processing the visa.
Then, the application for the student visa is sent to the Department of Immigration & Border Protection, Australia. It is highly recommended that you lodge for the visa before 12 weeks from the days of orientation in the institution.
Once the visa is APPROVED, the student can make him/herself ready to board for Australia.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE OFFER LETTER FROM THE EDUCATION PROVIDER
- Original Passport (Including Old Passport) (All pages)
- School Leaving Certificate / Birth Certificate
- 10th, 12th Mark sheet And Attempt (credit) certificate
- Diploma or ITI Mark sheets, Degree or Provisional Certificate
- Bachelor mark sheets, Degree or Provisional Certificate
- Master Mark sheet, Degree or Provisional Certificate
- Transcript if available
- Work Experience Letter (If applicable)
- IELTS /English Language Certificate
- Resume / CV
- Any other relevant certificates (If applicable)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- SOP (Statement of Purpose)
- Marriage Certificate (If applicable)
You can only meet the eligibility criteria for both institution and visa application if you have:
- English language proficiency Certificates (IELTS or PTE)
- Met health and character requirements
- Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Evidence of Sufficient funds
- Academic Certificates
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
Australian universities & colleges accept both IELTS & PTE scores as a proof of English proficiency. The following guideline for IELTS/PTE score is just an approximation, each University or institute will have their own benchmark score for their respective courses.
|Programms||English Test Score|
|Diploma programs||IELTS – Overall band score of 5.5 with no band less than 5.0|
PTE – Overall 45; no less than 36
|Bachelor’s Degree||IELTS – Overall band score of 6.0;|
no less than 5.5
PTE – Overall 50; no less than 45
|Graduate Diploma||IELTS – Overall band score of 6.5;|
no less than 6.0
PTE – Overall 6.5; no less than 50
|Master Programs||IELTS – Overall band score of 6.5;|
no less than 6.0
PTE – Overall 6.5; no less than 50
You must submit evidence of sufficient funds that must be 3 months prior from the date of application for the duration of your stay in Australia.
The accepted documents include
- Evidence of financial supporter’s occupation and annual income – letter from the supporter’s
employer confirming employment, and including full contact details (address and telephone
numbers), and supporter’s personal bank statements and tax returns for the last 3 years.
- Loan disbursement letter.
- Chartered Accountant Statements of the financial supporter.
- In the case of company sponsorship, balance sheet and bond signed with the company.
- Evidence of income sourced from agriculture such as evidence of ownership and valuation of land, income statement from the regional authority (Example: Patwari or Mandal office) and receipt of sales, and J forms.
- Evidence of rental income such as evidence of ownership of property and lease deeds.
- Evidence of retirement income such as a letter from the company at the time of retirement stating the amount of pension, and recent bank statement showing the credit of pension to account.
The immigration department must be satisfied that an applicant, once in Australia, will have genuine access to the funds they claim to possess to cover the travel, tuition and living costs for themselves and their family members.
|KVP, NSC||Fixed Deposits|
|Shares, debentures, bonds,|
LIC surrender value
|Balance in Savings Account|
|Capital account in business||Public Provident Fund (PPF)|
|Co-op bank balance and FDs||EPF, GPF, PF, CPF|